Slight Complication.......Easy Fix

MonkMan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
While installing the coolant system on my PM 1340 GT I found a conflict with the installed DRO reader head support bracket. Because I had ordered the taper attachment, the reader support bracket had to be shifted to the rear somewhat to expose the cross slide for mounting the taper components. The coolant supply pipe location was directly above this point and blocked by this bracket. Two longer socket head screws (M6x1, 45mm long) and two unthreaded spacers (16 mm long) did the trick! It's very tight but everything clears.
Now I just need to come up with a way to support an hold the two DRO cables and coolant line in place so they don't rub on the tray and backsplash.

Attachments

• Slight_Complication.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
A neat work-around! To prevent the DRO cables from rubbing on my lathe, I used pulleys. It was tricky finding a pulley that would take the s.s. sheath. Most of the pulleys that I found had 1/4 tracks. I finally found some with 5/16" tracks at a hamfest. I made custom brackets with keepers to prevent the cable from coming off the track. Here is a a photo with one of the OEM pulleys in the foreground.

On my Tormach, I used a light duty bungee cord to lift the power cable off the tray. It stretches easily and doesn't interfere with motion but provides just enough lift for the cable to clear the tray.
Cable Guides .JPG

Clever. Thanks RJ

Back