Slitting Saw Arbor/Holder

Got to take your word for it...since I can't see anything. :)

David

Lol, was trying to upload the pictures and you beat me to it. They are there now.

looks good, But looks like that blade might be missing a couple of teeth.

looks good--you could mill or file a couple flats on it to use a wrench to hold it while snugging your screw tight--it looks like your blade is on backwards for the teeth to cut, but my eyes may not be the best--Dave

looks good--you could mill or file a couple flats on it to use a wrench to hold it while snugging your screw tight--it looks like your blade is on backwards for the teeth to cut, but my eyes may not be the best--Dave

Yes, you were correct. It was a broken blade and I was just testing on tightening it...

Aluminum would be my last choice of material for an arbor, steel and even alloy steel is more to be desired.

Yeah, I need to cut a split slot, and aluminum was the only material in hand. Anyway, it did serve the purpose, will see how it goes. The worst case is to make another when I have tool steel in hand.

I take it you are referring to a slitting saw and not a split saw ? Gotta go with steel and a good grade at that . Nice job though and it worked which is the main thing .

Back