• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

Slitting Saw Basics

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

BROCKWOOD

I see many thicknesses of slitting Saw available. Would it be safe to run a narrow gauge in multiple passes to make a wider slot? Example 1/32 on 2 passes to make a 1/16 slot.

David S

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Interesting question for sure. I would think that part of the answer would require to know how deep the slot will be. I would think a large diameter deep slot my cause the cutter to deflect.

I use jewelers slitting saws of various widths and I stack them to get the correct slot width on the first pass.

David

BROCKWOOD

Stacking. Brilliant. I was just trying to cheap out. But for safety, stacking is my new plan. Thanks.

[6]
[5] [7]