Small engine shaking too much when running, Why?

When i'm in the garage i've fire up this engine to run, to get more heat cycles on it, last night i took this clip now at low rpm( idle), the vibration is more visible now, before my phone could not capture it, link: https://streamable.com/avzyz

Yes they do shake that much. And it's not missing or back firing any by what I can hear. If the governor systems working it should be good to go. They're not a balanced system engine , they use enough counter balance to help it to start easily and run.

From the looks of it that’s pretty normal. I don’t know if it was the sound but their is a slight hunting in rpm. Which could be carb adjust or with timing.
With the timing if your off by .001-.005 thou before the tdc mark and adjust your points you will be way out of the point gap mark when running. It kind of crucial to get the proper burn which could smooth your shake out a touch.

That's correc
From the looks of it that’s pretty normal. I don’t know if it was the sound but their is a slight hunting in rpm. Which could be carb adjust or with timing.
With the timing if your off by .001-.005 thou before the tdc mark and adjust your points you will be way out of the point gap mark when running. It kind of crucial to get the proper burn which could smooth your shake out a touch.
That's correct I forgot the points box assembly can be changed to advance or retard the spark. Set at the factory usually never needs changing. God I'm getting old forgetting that. Three bolts and you can change the timing. Think it will need to turn clockwise an .062 thousands the timing isn't in degrees on them the cam is one lobe. If still out go the other way. You can set it to tdc with piston at top and points close at just before it reaches tdc.

Back