Small engine shaking too much when running, Why?

I am of the same impression. Especially when it stopped walking around and became stuck. My snow thrower has the 8 hp version and when the speed is just right all the control rods and one panel breaks into resonance with the vibration. Of course the mass of the machine keeps it from "walking".

I think yours looks normal.

David

The generator weighs a lot, the whole unit is close to 40 kg, the bottom of the frame has studs it scrapes the concrete as it moves.

I am not sure if the flywheel on that unit is aluminum or cast iron. I would think perhaps aluminum and the generator rotor would act as the rest of the flywheel, like the blade is on vertical shaft lawnmowers.

David

Are you sure the crank isn't bent. Had a mower with a bent crank and didn't seem odd but nothing would stay tight on it finally the gas tank flew off and I thought well that ain't right.

Are you sure the crank isn't bent. Had a mower with a bent crank and didn't seem odd but nothing would stay tight on it finally the gas tank flew off and I thought well that ain't right.

I'll second that thought. Indicate the crank end and see what you have for runout. Not sure how one of those would get twisted, but could happen I guess. Everyone with a bent lawnmower crank knows exactly why it's bent.

High Octane fuel in motors that do not require it is a waste of money and sometimes will cause reduced performance and symptoms of running rich due to incomplete burn.

Higher Octane is meant for higher compression motors where the ignition timing is advanced and requires a fuel that actually burns slower so the fuel can be ignited well before TDC and it reaches Max Burn at approx. 2 degrees After TDC.

I'd say yes for Tecumseh engines it's normal , it needs rubber isolators on the frame with feet . It'll sit and shake all day long and produce power. Just keep a Ck on the oil at every fill up , or daily if used a lot.

The frame of this generator has steel feet at the bottom of the frame, which leave deep scratches as it moves around, i'm very surprised so many of you think is normal, because the shaking is so bad i can't keep the extension cord plugged in the socket on the generator, i've used tape even that failed, i'm sure the phone with which i filmed it can't show it as in real life. I do drive diesels, not even the old mechanical diesels shake so much.

High Octane fuel in motors that do not require it is a waste of money and sometimes will cause reduced performance and symptoms of running rich due to incomplete burn.

Higher Octane is meant for higher compression motors where the ignition timing is advanced and requires a fuel that actually burns slower so the fuel can be ignited well before TDC and it reaches Max Burn at approx. 2 degrees After TDC.

I couldn't have said it better. This is so misunderstood most people think it's the opposite.

Back