Small Horizontal Boiler

Patrick

Registered
Registered
Hi Guys and thank you for the nice regards on my Steam Engine. Attached is a few pictures of the boiler I built to run this engine. It is electrically heated with a heater for a residential water heater and a thermostat. The thermostat is set to generate enough heat for just under 60lbs of steam as the safety valve is set to relieve at 60lbs. The boiler is copper and silver soldered together with additional stay bolts. I made the die set to press out the end bells from aluminum plate rather than hammer forming them over a wooden fixture. The base was made big enough to be able to mount my original steam engine along side of the boiler, just never got around to it. Hope you like it as well.

Regards, Pat

P1010469.JPG P1010492.JPG P1010493.JPG P1010494.JPG

Very nice work on the boiler, Patrick. I assume you use a hand pump to add water when under steam?

Your right Wermie, I have a PM Research hand pump that I bought as a kit that works very well. I have found though that I usually do not run the boiler or steam engine long enough at any one time to run the water level down to a dangerous level. Still it's there if I need it, at least for the time being. I plan on using this pump in the tender for the locomotive that I am building to pump water into the engine boiler.

Oh Happy Days

:thumbzup3:

Nicely done! Thank you for sharing.

Back