Small metal planer in CA

Nice machine and size too. He's done some work getting it down to just doing the ways , be great for a scrapping class project. I own a smaller one and can't wait to get out and work on it. It's killing me this spine trouble I have. You have to love old machines to own them with care.

No bids. Ended today. Wish I had the room and wasn’t 3,000 miles away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relisted at $250, if someone had room it would be an interesting project

Somebody (not me) should buy that planer. It sure looks restorable in the pics.

Hmmm... A planer is on my bucket list of items I want. I'm only 12 hours away and I have the cash. But space is getting tight with the horizontal boring mill going into the shop.

Yea, If I had the room I would have bought it. I already have two planers that are projects, one that size, one a bit bigger. I think the only thing that planer really needs is reassembled and a motor drive built for it. Planers tend to wear evenly on the platen ways, and scoring won't hurt the ways much (it's not like you are going to scrape deep enough to get rid of the scoring anyway). I hope someone besides the scrappers get it. At 250, it's starting to look like it could get scrapped.

I just bought it for 255. I don't know where the hell I'm going to put it. I think I may strip it down partialy, clean up the bare metal surfaces and paint them over with epoxy primer and leave it outside till I get time to do something with it.

Glad it went to a board member. I was contemplating bidding on it as well.

Back