Small Obsolete Motorcycle Parts

SGF471R

Registered
Registered
Hello,

I am based in Japan (Nagasaki) and am restoring a couple of vintage motorcycles out here. I am looking to make some of the smaller obsolete parts, such as indicator stalks and modification parts / brackets etc. (the NOS items I have found are both rubbish and expensive) and I am having trouble finding a shop to make parts re. my drawings as most shops are B2B only. I am an aircraft ground engineer / mechanic and although we have equipment available, company policy prohibits using this equipment for personal projects etc. Online RFQs are generally ignored because of my location, or are priced very high (possibly to shut down the request). I need to make a couple of modified parts to move these stalled projects. I rent, so setting up my own machine shop at home is unfortunately not an option.

If anyone is interested in discussing possibilities, please PM me. If not, will keep looking.

Thanks very much.

Ian Bartlett
Nagasaki
Japan

That's pretty mean of them not allowing personal projects, in your own time of course. Can't you convince them that it will improve your skill set.

Personal projects are almost a way of life down here in Australia, in private shops, government shops, and even in the military. I think they see it as a sign you like your work.

any way, good luck with getting some help

I would guess it is a liability issue. As they are not on the clock they probably are not covered by workers insurance. In our "suer"society the company may not want the liability.
Ron

Thanks,

Yes, you are correct, but unfortunately I am supporting a customer's shop on-site, so it is their equipment. Apart from liability, there is also a perception issue. I agree, being to make things on-site would certainly be easier.

Cheers,

Ian B.
Nagasaki

Back