Small repair on something big...

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Finally we are getting a little rain up here. That allows me to spend a little time in the shop fixin and cleaning etc...

The wing nut on the cat having been removed many times for a shot of ether had worn out the Zamac threads so it was time do do something.
A nut was machined down to size using a collet and the wing nut bored to fit the new threads. A press fit was used and running a tap through
it made the nut functional once again. I took several photos to show how it went. It seems fine so will claim success. Now on to the shop
cleaning..............:eek 2:

P1030170.JPGP1030171.JPGP1030172.JPG

Last edited:
Well, thanks for the likes but as it turns out it was an udder failure...:rolleyes::dunno:, well, more like an utter failure to be exact:grin:. I mistook the
threads for 3/8 but in reality were 5/16 so had to make another insert, this time out of a piece of brass. Hopefully this time
I have it right.:)

I had one old cranky engine once. I ended up drilling a hole to just fit a tube like what is on a can of brake cleaner and a nozzle to fit the ether can. Now I can just stike the tube thru the tiny hole and give it its wake up shot with no disassembly required. the hole is small enough that there is no crud getting in there anyhow. You could also make a bigger hole so the ether to just spray in and have a plug on a cord (to prevent loss).

Back