• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Snow

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Lordbeezer

Was getting ready to fuss about snow in wake forest nc area until weather came on tv..northeast is getting a lot more than here..so wouldn't feel right about it..but not supposed to snow or be cold in March here..flowers blooming all over..trees too.oh well..can't mess with Mother Nature image.jpeg

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
That is not snow , that is a nuisance dusting ! I believe Upstate NY at the property got 6 ft over the last 2 weeks . I need to get up there and open camp , maybe in August the way we are going .

81husky

Iron
Registered Member
I have 40" on the ground, so I don't feel too bad for you. Not looking forward to mud season.

Lordbeezer

I hear ya..people can't drive here in rain much less slush..no milk.water .bread in stores.be gone tomorrow .i know this nothing compared to y'all up north..I lived in Charles Town w.v.for three winters..that was snow..be in the sixtys here Friday

Lordbeezer

That's better than local weather says y'all gonna get.they saying New England area gonna get 8-14" .hope your weather people are correct.

MrWhoopee

We got close to 2 ft. last weekend, nearly all melted by yesterday. Snowing heavily now and forecast to continue into the weekend. WP_20180314_11_47_49_Pro[1].jpg

PMartin

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
We've been pretty quiet here since that foot or so that we got a week ago. Looking forward to it being gone. 40° here today with plenty of sunshine, it's going fast.

TomS

Active User
We got close to 2 ft. last weekend, nearly all melted by yesterday. Snowing heavily now and forecast to continue into the weekend. View attachment 262234
Looks like snow in your area for another week, or more. Been wanting to get over to Reno, I live in Redding, but that will have to wait until the roads are clear.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
I was actually surprised to see snowflakes drifting around in the air during the last storm. Of course nothing stuck.

I can drive up the mountains just a few miles away if I want to play in the white stuff. It's all gone now, and the trees are budding like crazy. Spring's here! :)

Last edited:

Cobra

Active User
Came home from Thailand a week ago to bare deck and clear front yard. Yay!
Deck now has 2 1/2 feet on it. Got to love spring in the Maritimes!

woodchucker

Banned
Banned
it feels like winter in spring. These nor easters have been hitting us over and over, but they are gone quickly. I miss the snow of my childhood, when we have regular dumpings, and most years the snow stayed for a long period. We've probably had about 30 inches total this year. maybe a little more. 8 inches at a time.

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
It snowed here this morning, just enough to see on the ground. Pretty unusual for this time of year. Went away pretty fast, but we did tie a record low high temperature for the day, 46° F. Should be in the low 60's

Last edited:

randyjaco

Active User
Damn Guys, why do you put up with that stuff? The older I get the further South I want to go. Life is so much better without snow.

woodchucker

Banned
Banned
Damn Guys, why do you put up with that stuff? The older I get the further South I want to go. Life is so much better without snow.
not to me. I like it. There are a lot of things you can enjoy in snow. Also sometimes its a good excuse to be in the shop. :)

Lordbeezer

It's not supposed to be snowing here in late March but it is..it won't amount to anything. I'm ready for spring.summer and 100 degrees.

kd4gij

Active User
Hay I like seeing snow. In your pictures that is as long as it stays up north. :laughing: But 78deg sure felt good today, be in the low 80's tomorrow.

[6]
[5] [7]