Snowpocalypse 2020

We've got unusal weather here too. It's been a pretty dry winter here in SoCal. Then it started raining last Sun & has been raining ever since. They said it was supposed to rain for about a whole week straight but they say it will probably rain for one more week longer. I can't remember the last time it rained this many days in a row.
You don't remember the " Miracle March" we had I think in the early '90's? It didn't hardly rain the whole winter then in March it rained almost everyday and we had a whole season's rain one month.

My son said it was snowing at his house in PA yesterday. I complained back about the brutal 79 F and overcast at my house. He was, how shall I say it, less then impressed?

Tom

IMG_0968.jpg
This was the view out my front door yesterday morning. Fortunately, it's pretty much gone today. It's way to late for this stuff
as far as I'm concerned.

You guys enjoy it!
The last two years in Northern California were some of the wettest on record.
This year we are in trouble.
Drought territory.

It snowed rained all night here, I'll have to go out and shovel do nothing to the driveway this morning :grin:

John

A mid-March snow ''storm''. A little unusual for us this time of year.

Has been pretty warm and will be into the 60's next week. The Flowering Plum trees are even blooming.

I've been hoping things don't start blooming or even growing here with the crazy nice weather we've had.
A couple of years back it was not even as warm as it was this feb and many trees just died when a frost hit. Any thing that was blooming lost it's fruit for the season. Killed a bunch of juniper bushes all over town. I lost one. Never thought much of anything could kill those things.

Hopefully, we have missed our annual March Madness snowstorm. It is usually the last hurrah of winter.

Twenty years ago last week, I was trying to negotiate five foot drifts and finally gave up. Quite a statement as it was for a dinner date with my soon to be fiancee. Usually, the snow comes around St. Pat's Day with six inch accumulations being typical.

Only thing stopping me from trying out the new buggy!

Attachments

• DSCF4267.JPG
    DSCF4267.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • DSCF4268.JPG
    DSCF4268.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Back