So... How many here still have there first truck?

My only truck was a 1980 Subaru Brat. it rusted away. I still have my third car, bought in January 1959, see my avatar.

My second truck is a 1994 H1 Hummer
my 3 is a 1981 GMC C7000
the Hummer is in a rebuild stage the GMC is my tow truck currently a daily runn

It's obvious some on this board are older than others. If I still had my first truck it would be 83 years old. It was a 1937 Ford. I paid $15.00 for the truck, and another $10.00 for the "new" spare tire. For that kind of money you can guess what shape it was in, and why it's probably been recycled many times by now.

No, but I wish I did. I had a 1964 Ford 1/2-ton with a Chevy (you read that right) built 327 in it/4 on the floor. What I'd really like to still have is the engine that was in it. Almost impossible to find a good 327 any more.

I do, but it was the 3rd vehicle that I bought.

1969 Toyota Landcruiser FJ55. I bought it in 1994 and I'm the 4th owner. I pretty much grew up with this truck, the second owner was a friends family who bought it in 70-71, I've known them since the 4th grade (1978) and went on many trips in it. The 3rd owner was my friend after his mom bought an Isuzu Trooper, he bought it from her. He moved back to Denmark in 1994 and I bought it from him.

TLC55.jpg

Mine is sitting in my back yard, waiting for me to do something with it. 1970 Ford F100. When I got it it was the former delivery truck for a John Deere dealership and had John Deere emblems on the doors. I think I bought it in about 1992.

I've owned a few trucks, Chevy, Ford............... Last 35 years or so has been Ford, '84, '95. '99 Superduty and '03 Superduty. The '03 just hit 17 years old this month (265k) and runs like day 1. I'm 2 years into my '18 Expedition but the Superduty still gets used regularly when I need a truck.......

Not an Oldie, but a darn Goodie. Plane Jane 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab with a 360. Only 2 issues in 120K miles - a water pump and VSS.

Got hooked on the Dodge brand after I bought my first car - a '70 Challenger that I still have.

The only other car I ever bought I also still have. A real POS 1987 Jaguar. But at least it now has a GM LT-1/4L60E - the only reliable part of the thing.

Back