So I bought a tool and cutter grinder...

I don't suppose it was it was the buflovac online auction was it? I just scored a t&c grinder and a surface grinder through ther and God willing, I'll pick up tomorrow if all goes according to plan. I suggest looking through vintagemachinery.org as well. I was able to find the manuals I was seeking through such.

I contacted MCS, which seems like they bought Enco. Talked to a very knowledgeable and helpful person there, and he emailed me a manual for the newer model of the grinder I bought. This newer model looks exactly the same, so this manual should work fine.

I took some of your suggestions and looked at other grinder manuals and info, and a lot of them all have similar set ups. And some of those other resources have better pictures of the different operations, so they we're a help. Thanks

Here is the manual, I figure it is okay to share this since they sent it to me for free.

Attachments

• 121-1755 Manual 8-13-07.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 266
Picked it up this morning. It all seems to be there and as described. Just need to figure out how to use it now.
IMG_20180929_104650095.jpg
IMG_20180929_104650095.jpg
IMG_20180929_110924585.jpg

That looks pretty much identical to my Kao Ming 1975 year that I just bought. What's your plans for stones? Mine didn't have any and I'm not sure what I should get to start with.

20180929_080524.jpg

That looks pretty much identical to my Kao Ming 1975 year that I just bought. What's your plans for stones? Mine didn't have any and I'm not sure what I should get to start with.

For wheels think of what you wanna grind. Your max wheel size is determined by the machine. Probably a 6 or 7”.
Hub size probably 1 1/4”
Composition your gonna want aluminum oxide for your hss tools
Silican carbide or green wheel for carbides
Diamond for carbides also
Straight thin wheel to get into gullets of teeth or for cut offs
Cup wheels will get you in tight spots also.
This is what I’ve come to find so far.
If either of you are interested I have four right handed hubs for mounting the wheels that I cannot use. Lmk

If either of you are interested I have four right handed hubs for mounting the wheels that I cannot use. Lmk

What do the hubs look like? The shaft on the grinder is 5/8" on both sides and has a right/left thread depending on the side. I wasn't sure I could use a hub and didn't know there was any available.

I actually haven’t even had a chance to do much of anything with mine yet. I have a six week old baby in the house that takes up a lot of time. I want to use it to sharpen large diameter drill bits, but haven’t looked into stones yet. If it takes the same size as the model grinder that replaced it, then it needs 5 or 6 inch wheels. https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/09519141

Back