So I bought the entire shop .

Congratulations or my condolences, not sure which is appropriate here. ;)
my feelings too.. Not sure. I liked work until I was forced out... I hated the stress, but liked what I did. Good luck either way.. I hope you get what you wish for, or want, either way.

I heard from my employer . They will walk me thru the process of my situation . I have never been in this situation in my life , but I feel we have each others respect . So yeah , I bought out the entire shop . My daughter will be excited setting up a shop of some kind . I feel as though I'm carring the bag which I am . The pee bag . I bend over it , it leaks . I stand straight , it leaks . NO MATTER what you do it leaks . But anyway , just a heads up to everyone . You may see some fire sale stuff on here , Either way , ..................................................................................whateveer . :grin:

Congratulations Dave! Is your daughter a machinist also?

Looking forward to some photos.

Congratulations Dave! Is your daughter a machinist also?

Looking forward to some photos.
No , she is not a machinist . She's a graphic artist and works for USA Lacrosse . She is big into crafts and getting bigger every day . I figure I could set up a nice woodshop and small machine shop once again and she could use them .

I have read too many threads on here about people getting into machining later in life . I'm just not sure which way this supply chain issue is heading as far as equipment , so I'm going to get this stuff while I can . AGAIN ! I've sold so much stuff that I think back and wonder why I did so . This is it for me ................

Until next time . :big grin:

And I will post pics because alot of this stuff will be leaving quickly .

Well, that ought to keep you busy and out of trouble for a few days! LOL

When you start getting rid of stuff, I'm looking for some live centers- MT2 to MT5. :cool:

"Busy hands, are happy hands", or so they say. I think in general, that if you keep moving you make a smaller target. Give her hell. Mike

The 17" and 20" Clausing Cohlchesters along with all the other equipment went out of the Balto Sunpapers I heard . Most likely Dave Norman got them all . These were something I had my eye on but were out of my moving abilities . I'll have to see for sure if he got them . Both of the larger lathes were spotless as I was the one who cleaned them years ago . They hadn't been run for 10 years before I went there , and were not run after I left . The 17" was dialed in for 6 foot rollers with no taper at all . The clutch would slip upon start-up but no big issue . The Okamoto surface grinder was a beautiful machine also . Never used . I ground the chuck and it was off .050 to clean it up . :big grin: This is the grinder I told everyone about . The auto feed would not trip the lever once in a while . Talk about changing underwear at work ! Dave has a very large shop in Baltimore that his Dad ran for decades . We/ I have bought many machines from him as well as tooling that I needed to supplement my machines . Good guy .

At least I can get these machines off my mind now , and get busy on the job at hand . :)

Back