So I bought the entire shop .

12,000 lb winch is mounted and the Kubota is ready to go on . I'll be loaded for bear tonight . :encourage:

Attachments

• IMG_9306.JPG
    IMG_9306.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9307.JPG
    IMG_9307.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 24
The lathe is out of the building ! :encourage: What a job it was . My tractor was pulling and the forklift was pushing . Had to go thru 3 90 degree turns thru the halls and one on the loading ramp . I couldn't take the leveling bolts off the bottom . It slid well on the concrete but did NOT like the asphalt parking lot . Drove over to the other plant and got an 8 foot Johnson Bar for tomorrow's pickup . Should have no problems after the bolts are removed .

Todays list . Take the trailer off the truck . I have to flip my drop hitch over and reinstall onto the the truck . This will give me 8" less of rise for winching the lathe onto the trailer . Remove the leveling bolts from the lathe . 8 foot johnson bar is in the truck for this . Not sure exactly what this lathe weighs in at , but it's fairly large at 16" x 60 " . The chuck and tailstock are already home . 12" set right adjust true . The parking lot will be full of trucks in and out and it is also raining . Going to be a fun interesting day . :encourage:

Todays list . Take the trailer off the truck . I have to flip my drop hitch over and reinstall onto the the truck . This will give me 8" less of rise for winching the lathe onto the trailer . Remove the leveling bolts from the lathe . 8 foot johnson bar is in the truck for this . Not sure exactly what this lathe weighs in at , but it's fairly large at 16" x 60 " . The chuck and tailstock are already home . 12" set right adjust true . The parking lot will be full of trucks in and out and it is also raining . Going to be a fun interesting day . :encourage:
Hopefully at the end of the day you'll have some sense of done. Probably also a sense of What have I gotten into?

This is when you need someone taking video to share with the group here… :cool:

We do take pics of the entertainment ! :grin: The mill and lathe were tarped yesterday before the rain today . My boss sent me a pic of the lathe over at the plant at noon and all was still intact . Leaving in 45 minutes to tackle getting the lathe onto the trailer . I think I have everything I need but I'm sure I'll find out if I'm correct . :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_9323.JPG
    IMG_9323.JPG
    502.5 KB · Views: 22
All went well this afternoon .10 minutes the lathe was up on the trailer with no issues The winch yanked her up , we tied her down and off we went . Brought her home and made a second trip with the small trailer . Loaded up another 2000 lbs of aluminum and stainless tables . Cault th liquer stoe and celebrated with a 12 pack of
Guinness blondes , thus my spelling may be bad . The Hardinge lathe is there still and I told them I'll yank it out and store it for them . I have what I paid for at home now . I write a very large check tomorrow . I'm happy and they will be ecstatic . We may be fly by night riggers , but we'll get the $hit out . :grin: Aluminum 5/8 jig plate . 8 ft x 3 ft . I was NOT letting it the dumpster . We spent over 2 hours to dismantal the machine and load it . It's here . More to come tomorrow , :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_9324.JPG
    IMG_9324.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9325.JPG
    IMG_9325.JPG
    388.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9326.JPG
    IMG_9326.JPG
    437.7 KB · Views: 58
I know someone who can use a 6" cut off that jig plate. :drool: Would love to see what you actually took out of there when you get it organized

I know what you are going through Dave.
I moved an entire shop from KY to Iowa back in the late 80's.
Took about 5 round trips IIRC.
The buyer hired the outfit I was leased to and paid for round trips including the return deadhead and I got the nod for the job, mileage rate plus a commission for landing it.
Sure helps to have a relative in the right spot sometimes!!!
Kinda like Hunter B. :oops2:

Back