So I Was Driving Home And Noticed A 2ml Following Me

Additionally, I am not averse to replacing and/or updating with more modern controls if someone would be willing to point me in the proper direction on what to get.

I think I would redo the repair on the fork. Looks like the only place it got brazed was on the top. Wouldn't want it falling into a moving gear train. Of course it might just be the pic. Mike

The big block on the bottom of all the wiring is the main contactor, and probably includes a heater (overload disconnect identified as OL on the diagrm). If it is kicking out after a few seconds, it is possible that the overload is doing it's job and that the motor or machine has issues causing too much current draw. Can you take all of the belts off the motor and see if the time period changes? And make sure the motor turns reasonably well by hand once the belts are off.

Ideally you'd put a current meter on the lines to the motor and measure the motor power draw but not everyone has a clamp on ampmeter capable of measuring that many amps.

Last edited:
That bottom contactor is a typical 4 pole arrangement where the left three contacts are the main power contacts, the the rightmost contact is in parallel with the on switch. (the M on your diagram that looks like a capacitor symbol). The M on your diagram that is enclosed in a circle is the magnet for the contactor (relay).

Back