Solid State timer help

KBeitz

Registered
Registered
I have a few of these timers that I would like to put to use. For the best of me I can not find any info on the net about them. Could someone give me a drawing like the one below my two images on how to wire this unit up. What I need is something like what I have labeled as my drawing. I just made that up so you could see what I need. Solid State Timer SSAC Part # EISS4D20 120VAC

Can you provide more details as to what you are trying to build?
It looks as though the unit is actually intended to operate on 120v ac despite the plus and minus markings
I don't know what the control input does, possibly an inhibit, might require a low voltage input like 5-12 volts dc
I haven't found any info online either- the company most likely discontinued the model
mark
ps can you open the unit up?

Last edited:
Looks like the unit can only give 1 amp output, so you would need to add an external relay to control larger currents.
Pins 6 and 7 would connect to a variable resistor of about 100k ohms
The control input either starts or stops the timer- don't know which. You might could use a 9v battery to test it.
Here's a picture of a similar timer I found on Galco website:

Yes I agree with all above... I just would like to use it for a delay relay. The numbers 4 and 5 got me confused.
The machine I took them out of had # 4 as a green wire that went who's know where. and #5 had two white wires.
one white went to pin #1 and the other to a 2.5uf cap and the other side of the cap to a 300 ohm resister.286689

So the only unknown is the control input, it could be a small voltage or 120 vac or anything, really. I would hook up 3 and 2 to 120 vac, a small 120v light bulb (like 60 watt) to 1 and 3, a resistor of some value between 10k and 100k to 6 and 7, and then try a small voltage on 4 and 5 (like a 9v battery)
Looks like the maximum time delay is about 16 minutes
Be careful

Thanks... I'll try that... maximum time delay is about 10 sec.

According to what's marked on the unit the range is 10-1000 seconds
Do you need a 10 second delay? If so, you could short terminals 6 and 7, no variable resistor required

I made up the label with paint shop pro. I forgot to change the 1000 sec to 10.

I spent around an hour trying different things to get this to work. I even wired it up like this timer. No go...

I opened the plastic box... It's filled with epoxy so I can't get anything this way...

Back