Solid Tool Post Riser for my 13"x40" lathe

Lovely work. Just one thing, you said you fly cut the top of the riser so it was the same height as the compound.
If you cut it a bit lower than the original height of the compound then larger tool bits can be used as it will allow the tool holder to sit lower.
Thats what I had to do on my 9x20 to be able to use 1/2" tool bits.

The tool holders are all adjusted to be at center height on the compound. If the riser and compound are the same height then I can swap between them without having to readjust them every time. The BXA toolpost I have is set up for 5/8" tools but almost all of mine are 1/2".

Lovely work. Just one thing, you said you fly cut the top of the riser so it was the same height as the compound.
If you cut it a bit lower than the original height of the compound then larger tool bits can be used as it will allow the tool holder to sit lower.

I did the same thing when I made a riser for my 10" Logan. It's about .100" lower than the compound, and
allows the use of 1/2" tools as well.

Back