Some feedback about Android DRO, please?

Not just any Tablet will work. You do not want a cheap tablet that is not a common reputable name brand. You also have to consider the software that the tablet uses. Yuri has recommended a few tablets on his website which he verified will work with the controller. I am using a 2017 Samsung galaxy Tab E which runs on Android 4.4 Kit Kat and works very well. I’ve never had an issue with it in almost 2 years. I previously purchased a cheap 8” tablet and it gave me all sorts of connection problems and it eventually died for no reason. I would also not go any smaller than a 8” tablet. It will work with a smaller tablet but it’s just not that easy to use
Another thing to consider when purchasing a tablet is whether there is an aftermarket case available for it or a screen protector. You’re going to be using it in a potentially somewhat harsh environment where it’s exposed to oil, coolant, chips, etc. I made a case for mine since none of the cases would work with how I mounted it. I only have a plastic screen protector but wish that they made a glass screen protector for it.
yuri are you still selling your dro controllers...what android tablet would you reccmend to run your board...im going to attemp to use it on a 6x18 lathe

Is the feature outlined at the beginning of this thread now a part of what TouchDRO offers?

Is the feature outlined at the beginning of this thread now a part of what TouchDRO offers?
No I don’t think so - I haven’t seen an update come out with these features

I think these would be great additions to Touchdro. I am most thankful for Yuri continuing to support while at the same time some have stolen his product and reproduced it for their own benefit. I hate that one of my favorite sources for hobby machine tools has collaborated with them in stealing his design. I hope one day Yuri Will come out with a new updated version and if he chooses to charge for it I will be glad to pay for it and I hope he finds a way to make it so they cannot copy it

Back