Some of my junk

I love the '78 Fairmont fox body. I had one just like it back in the 80's .
Mine was a 302 with a c4 trani . dam I miss her , she taught me alot.

Quite the collection. Wow!
Please excuse my ignorance, but how does a multi fuel engine adapt to different fuels? Does it have a carburetor? Does the power vary with fuel type? I'd be really interested to know more about it.
Michael

1965 Ford f-250 with a 352 bigblock and a C6. I also use it to haul our vintage 1978 Real-Lite 10' slide-in camper.
100_2039.jpg

100_2039.jpg

Here's a couple of my bikes. 1100cc Honda Magna V65, and a little 1974 Honda XL 175 street legal dirt bike.

102_1170.jpg 100_1605.jpg100_1604.jpg

102_1170.jpg 100_1605.jpg 100_1604.jpg

Some people are content to drive/own just one car. I like to mix it up and drive a different one every week or so. So with my backwards thinking, I figured I'll post some pictures of some of my vehicles that I have.... they just add up before you know it :nuts: View attachment 66327View attachment 66328View attachment 66329View attachment 66330 Here's my Military truck. It's a 2 1/2 ton, 1970 AM General M35a2. It was all stock with only 6,200 miles on it when I got it from being retired from the government. With the Multi-fuel engine, I can burn anything combustible, to save on fuel expenses. Over the years, I've ran hydraulic oil, used motor oil, home heating oil, old gasoline and transmission fluid. I shortened it up to make it handle/drive better when on the street. Then later turned into building a lift kit for it, and adding 53" tires off a military 10 ton truck.
I drove one of those when I was in Viet Nam. Tip: don't wash the air filter in MEK, leave it out on the hood to dry, have your co-driver put it back in 10 minutes later, and then you come out next morning and start the truck, having forgotten all about the filter. That engine runs REALLY REALLY WELL on MEK. And won't stop no matter how hard you pull the fuel-shutoff.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how does a multi fuel engine adapt to different fuels? Does it have a carburetor? Does the power vary with fuel type? I'd be really interested to know more about it.
Michael

I'm going off memory here, so you can research it some if you want. Search Hypercycle combustion, and you can find out more about it. The engine in my truck is a diesel by design, buy a few things are changed/added to make use of multiple fuels with different flashpoints. One is its all mechanical injection with no electronics. It has a fuel compensator along with the injection pump that determines the viscosity of the fuel being used and regulates the injection. Also the (22 to 1 compression) pistons have a bowl or dish in them for vaporization, and the way that the injectors spray into the cylinder add to this multi-fuel injection. Like I said, look up Hypercycle combustion and you can get the details of it.

When I dump stuff in the tank, I cut it with some diesel. I don't have to, but I do. A friend of mine with the same engine, just runs straight used motor oil with nothing added. His truck seams to smoke just a little out the stack vs. mine. No real difference in power either way that I notice. It's a big, heavy (13,700 pounds) slow truck no matter what's run through it. The truck has from the factory three huge fuel filters. If I run used motor oil, I take a pair of old denim jeans and cut the legs off, and then sew them shut at the bottom. Then put one inside of the other and pour the used oil into them to filter out any gunk or partials. This and the three fuel filters on the truck clean it enough to run it. Also, gasoline is to dry, and would ruin the injection pump if ran straight. So it needs a quart of motor oil for every 10 gallons or so, to work properly. Gasoline is not my thing for it, other than one time, I was given about 15 gallons of old pre-mixed 2-stoke fuel, so I dumped it in the tank.

This one I just got at the end of summer, so I only put about 800 miles on it since I bought it. Honda Goldwing Aspencade. It also came with a Bushtec Quantum sport trailer. With air ride suspension, on the bike and the trailer, man this thing rides nice. As soon as spring hits, my wife and I are going to take it for a spin around lake Michigan, to start out the riding season.
goldwing3.jpggoldwing1.jpggoldwing4.jpggoldwing2.jpg

goldwing3.jpg goldwing1.jpg goldwing4.jpg goldwing2.jpg

It is hard to believe the difference that the tires and wheels made on the Fairmont! The old mustangs were the same way (along with getting the rear end up off the ground a little.)

Your spare tire on the AM general looks like it would make an interesting ride home if needed.

BTW, you have a lot more money to spare than I do!

Thanks for the explanation of the combustion process, I'll look it up and learn something new.
Thanks,
Michael

BTW, you have a lot more money to spare than I do!

It’s not what is seems, let me put it in perspective. Some people (take my father for instance) he just bought this year, a brand new 2013 Ford, four door 4x4 truck. It was $36.000, and this was just for a half-ton F-150. I’ve never bought anything new in my life, or had any car payments ever. I drive some real beaters, as daily drivers for the colder winter months. If you added up the cash for all the vehicles that I posted so far. It doesn’t even come close to what people pay for a new vehicle, that will be rusty and worthless in 10-12 years. The most that I have ever paid for any of them is $4,200. And that was for the white F-700. Remember, every one of these posted above is old, and not really special, from a collector perspective. Take the Goldwing for example, It’s a beautiful bike, but it’s also 19 years old. What I’m getting at is.... just say people pay what, $6,000 (500 a month) with including mandatory full coverage insurance on a brand new 4x4 truck, for five years. You could buy anything I bought, for just that one years payments, and still have a lot left over. Most of these I’ve had for years and years. They ad up over time, one this year one last year, maybe one a couple years before that. Before ya know it the barn is full, lol

Back