Some Pictures from my UPS Route Today

I had a beautiful 1913 Craftsman style home on Westside Road in Healdsburg, grew grapes and made wine, played with tractors and backhoes, short walk to the Russian River, surrounded by fabulous wineries, and these pictures remind me what a rare and wonderful part of the world Sonoma County is. Nevada County is terrific too, and all the posts from people complaining about California…so sorry, we see it differently.

Wild pigs on King Ridge Rd.

I had a beautiful 1913 Craftsman style home on Westside Road in Healdsburg, grew grapes and made wine, played with tractors and backhoes, short walk to the Russian River, surrounded by fabulous wineries, and these pictures remind me what a rare and wonderful part of the world Sonoma County is. Nevada County is terrific too, and all the posts from people complaining about California…so sorry, we see it differently.

Small world! I was the driver for Westside Rd. in Healdsburg from about 2009 until about 2013. I would be very interested to know the address of your old house; I have been to it many times.

Here are some pictures from my busy holiday season on my UPS route:

Hawk with a squirrel roadkill.

View attachment 390461

Saturn over the Pacific at sunset behind a Cypress tree.

View attachment 390462

Reservoir on Reservoir Rd. on Brain Ridge in the Cazadero Hills.

View attachment 390463

Cows on Tin Barn Rd. at night.

View attachment 390464

View looking East from Brain Ridge.

View attachment 390465

View of Mohrhardt Ridge (looking SE from Seaview Ranch Rd.).

View attachment 390466

Baxter, who manages to get 5 dog bones from me every day!

View attachment 390467

Ernie, the reason that I finally started buying dog bones.

View attachment 390468

Sunset at the mouth of the Russian River in Jenner, CA.

View attachment 390469

My UPS truck with the mouth of the Russian River in the background.

View attachment 390470

Sunset over Fort Ross State Park in Timber Cove, CA.

View attachment 390471

Hill on King Ridge Rd. after a big storm.

View attachment 390472
great pics. The dogs are definitely your buddies, look at those ears down in submissive mode.
Happy New Year Erik.

great pics. The dogs are definitely your buddies, look at those ears down in submissive mode.
Happy New Year Erik.

Baxter (the brown dog) is really a character. He is hyperfocused on the dog biscuits.

He lives in a remote area at the top of a hill. He can identify the sound of my engine coming up the hill, and he always comes running out towards the road as I crest the hill.

Even if I don’t have a package for his owner, I stop and visit with Baxter. He would probably eat 100 biscuits if I gave them to them.

Back