Some pictures of the PM 835

chiroone

Registered
Registered
Matt was good enough to send a few hi res pictures of the PM 835. It looks like a real thing of beauty. I think I am going to have to go for it. It appears I may be the 1st one on this forum to get one of these things as so far no one has sounded off that they have one

pm835 1.jpeg

pm835 2.jpeg

It looks like my 935's baby brother! :)

If you do get one, we need a thread with your impressions and lots of pics. :D

If the drawing on the Precision Matthews web site is correct, this mill stands fully 10" taller than the 935. Not sure why.

If the drawing on the Precision Matthews web site is correct, this mill stands fully 10" taller than the 935. Not sure why.

I believe that is due to the taller base design, vs the flatter base of typical knee mills including the 935. The knee on my mill almost touches the base when all the way down, and the base is maybe 6" tall. Also looks like a big motor (tall). At the price point, it looks to be a lot of machine and very nicely made without busting the bank. I think it would be an excellent entry point for one not wanting/needing a full size knee.

DF and JD, What options are you getting? Which vise?

I just got the 5" precision vise because they were out of stock of the bigger one. For right now I just ordered it bare without power feeds or a DRO which I will add later. Will definitely be buying a dividing head for it later also.
I just bought a PM-1440HD lathe from them so I couldn't get too carried away! The lathe works really well. Can't wait to get the mill!

I am getting power feed on x axis and the dro and and also the 5 in vise because I already have a old 6 in vise ,leveling pads ,1/32-1/2 keyless drill chuck, the ones that I a used started to have holding problems at the bigger dia. ,my plans are to use it with small dia drill , also the collet set and clamp set, and the end mills set to have extras on hand, I got my lubes from mcmaster carr along with other stuff

Yeah I did get the hold down clamp kit. I wish I would have got the big collet set from them. I just got the 11 piece. With everything I have going on in my shop now the mill will mostly have the duty of precision hole placement tool for awhile.

Back