Some pictures of the PM 835

Got my coolant setup going earlier today. Put the switch up on the rotary switch housing. Cuts steel way better than using mobile met766. Using mobile cut 100 with water at about a 6:1 ratio. Next project build a fly cutter!

IMG_20180217_213908739.jpg

IMG_20180217_213917930.jpg

IMG_20180217_213927120.jpg

IMG_20180217_213932161.jpg

I had to use the 2 ton HF hoist to get my PM 835 off the pallet. The reason being that the boom had to be extend to the mid position on the 2 ton press in order to be able to reach the lifting hook on the machine. Even at that, I had the cut down the pallet so that only the blocks that were actually holding the machine up were still there. at that position, the 1 ton hoist would be at the 500 pound mark and not up top the task of lifing 1,400 pounds.

Even with this, it was still a real pain, I have posted on another thread how I did it. My advice, BE CAREFUL!!!.. When you hoist it up, it is not balanced and it will tilt and rotate according to how you have the table and head postioned. I had the head rotated down to its max and the table lowered and backed to the stops

Last edited:
I had to use the 2 ton HF hoist to get my PM 835 off the pallet. The reason being that the boom had to be extend to the mid position on the 2 tom press in order to be able to reach the lifting hook on the machine. Even at that, I had the cut down the pallet so that only the bloks that were actually holding th emchine up were still there. at that poation, the 1 ton hoist would be at the 500 pound mark and not up top the task of lifing 1,400 pounds.

Even with this, it was still a real pain, I have posted on another thread how I did it. My advice, BE CAREFUL!!!.. When you hoist it up, it is not balanced and it will tilt and rotate according to how you have the table and head postioned. I hd the head rotated down to its max and the table lowered and backed to the stops
Yeah it was interesting getting mine in position to say the least. About took out my garage door! Lol

Ran my 835 at full tilt with some carbide today cutting .100" at a time on some steel. Left a nice finish using full flood coolant. Yes it was a mess! Made an upper blade guide for my old vertical bandsaw.

IMG_20180224_172533849.jpg

IMG_20180224_182027566.jpg

Now there's a idea i need to upgrade my band saw to was just going replace bearing but the guide needs a upgrade to nice job

Back