Some pictures of the PM 835

She emailed me awhile back letting me know they would be in soon. Haven't checked back.

Well sent in the payment for my 835. They were out of the 5 inch high precision Vice, so I got the Homge,which is about $130 more, are they really worth the difference? Apparently, one is made in China the other in Taiwan, I guess if you’re spending this much for a mill, it doesn’t make much sense to skimp on the accessories

Yes please to many pictures once you gentlemen have your 835s installed.

Thanks for posting the updates!

Money for a good vise is always well spent especially if you have scraped parts because they didn't seat right or moved in middle of a cut Kurt vise where always good to work with I hoping that the 5 in I ordered will be a good one

When I bought my PM935 I was looking for a good quality vise because there was no sense in putting a cheap vise on a good machine. Seemed kinda silly. ;)

The Homge was on my short list when I fell into a deal on a 5" Kurt being sold here on the forum. Snatched it real quick, put 6" jaws on it and I've been happy ever since.

If you get a cheap vise, you will hate it every time you use it. Just my opinion though. :)

I am with Bill, you pay this much for a mill, getting a cheap vise is throwing all the precision away. I have seen some of the reviews of the Chinese Kurt clones, and they were shockingly bad as to tolerances measured around the vise like out 6 thousandth. Also vise to vise if you ever need to double up. There have been lot discussions as to 5" and 6" size for this size mill, all I can say is I have used my 6" vise on smaller mills, and it is the same one that is on my full size knee currently. So it is a matter of preference, the vise handle always seems to interfere with something, you can always go with a speed handle. Finding handles and parallels for a 5" is challenging, I prefer the extra width of the 6" vise. See what QMT recommends. If I was in the market for a new vice, I would get the Kurt DX6, the first listing is $490 but may bite you on shipping, the second is $540. A well made vise will last a lifetime. I would rather not buy a cheap tool and waste money, versus waiting until I can purchase decent quality. I have just wasted too many $$ on junk, look hard enough and some deal may pop up, and also look for good used tooling.
http://www.ritchieindustrialsales.com/kurtvisedx6onsale490.aspx
http://allindustrial.com/kurt-dx6-6-new-machine-vise-539-95-sale-free-shipping/

the new kurt sure looks nice we will have to see what the future brings

I too like the width of a 6" vise, but I do not need the depth nor weight of it for what I do. Putting 6" vise jaws on a 5" vise (monster jaws calls them 'oversize') gives me the best of both worlds. I can use 6" parallels too.

If I ever need to machine something that doesn't fit in the vise it will get clamped to the table. So far that hasn't happened. :)

i like the idea of using the bigger jaws and parallels as long as you dont have chatter problems ,using fixtures on the table for production runs allways makes sence

Back