Resolved Someone asking for help with Tapatalk

Tapatalk issues MUST be addressed to the support team at www.tapatalk.com.
They have a forum, and you can open a support ticket.
Xenforo, the maker of our software does NOT recommend the use of the Tapatalk addon, and considers it poorly coded and troublesome.

Upvote 0
Tapatalk issues MUST be addressed to the support team at www.tapatalk.com.
They have a forum, and you can open a support ticket.
Xenforo, the maker of our software does NOT recommend the use of the Tapatalk addon, and considers it poorly coded and troublesome.

No arguments here. I tried it a long time ago and un-installed it within a week. I was just trying to be polite to the guy -but by nature, I have a really hard time with that :)

Ray

Upvote 0
General question to the membership...we have been through a couple of upgrades of both Xenforo software and Tapatalk add-ons since this thread was started. Is everyone having a good experience at this point? Or are there lingering issues? I use Tapatalk on my iPhone and have no problems, but would like to hear from others.

Thanks,
Bryan
(vtcnc)

Upvote 0
When I use my iPad to access the forum, I occasionally get a box which has the option of using Tapatalk or continuing with my
browser. I always choose the browser since I don't use and have no interest in Tapatalk. This morning I was unable to continue
at all: selecting the browser button did nothing at all, effectively locking up my iPad. I tried all the usual stuff like restarting the app,
a hard reset on the iPad etc. Nothing works. I can't even log off the forum. Any ideas? I'm logged on to my desktop now: the
iPad is unusable.

Upvote 0
As best you can recall, has the iPad had a system update recently? I know that my iPhone typically has two or three per month, as does Firefox. Although you probably don't recall the specific version number to be able to say yea or nay to the question, generally most browsers will disply their current version # by clicking Help and then About, although either or both may be called something else other than Help and/or About.

Upvote 0
When I use my iPad to access the forum, I occasionally get a box which has the option of using Tapatalk or continuing with my
browser. I always choose the browser since I don't use and have no interest in Tapatalk. This morning I was unable to continue
at all: selecting the browser button did nothing at all, effectively locking up my iPad. I tried all the usual stuff like restarting the app,
a hard reset on the iPad etc. Nothing works. I can't even log off the forum. Any ideas? I'm logged on to my desktop now: the
iPad is unusable.
I think you have a potential hardware/software failure. A software update would be the next step I take with an iPad or any tablet for that matter. After that, if it still isn't working it may be unrecoverable. How old is the iPad? If it is recently new, I would suggest taking it to an authorized repair service/Apple store.

Upvote 0
Software is up to date.
iPad works perfectly in every other way including that corner of the touch screen with other apps.
The "continue" button doesn't work, but the "open" button for Tapatalk right above it does: it tries to open it even though
I don't have the app.

What software drives this choice? Is it the Tapatalk add on that does it, and if so is there a possibility the add on is acting up?

Upvote 0
Software is up to date.
iPad works perfectly in every other way including that corner of the touch screen with other apps.
The "continue" button doesn't work, but the "open" button for Tapatalk right above it does: it tries to open it even though
I don't have the app.

What software drives this choice? Is it the Tapatalk add on that does it, and if so is there a possibility the add on is acting up?
Sheesh. That's really strange. I will say my latest update on my iPhone 6S acts differently with Tapatalk after it was updated. That was about a week ago. If you updated recently, it could be that Tapatalk has a bug with their most recent update and it isn't working. What confuses me is that you don't have it installed, but since you had it installed previously and no longer, it could be some sort of conflict in the software.

I would personally try installing the app and then when it asks you to go to the app or the browser like you described above, decline and go to the browser since that is your difference. Perhaps by having the app installed, it will allow the iPad to resolve the conflict and move on. If that doesn't work, then you will need to reach out to Tapatalk - I think.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't be the first time but it is more likely that Tapatalk made yet another incompatible modification without warning anyone.

Upvote 0
Back