Soon to be a PM-935T-S owner

Actually, my VS is supposed to be single phase. Matt asked me which I preferred when I changed my order to a variable.

Yes, single phase input from the wall outlet into a VFD that makes 3 phase power and feeds a 3 phase motor... Some machines are driven with DC motors whereby the AC wall power feeds a DC inverter to power the motor. DC motors with equivalent reliability are very expensive vs comparable AC motors...

Actually, my VS is supposed to be single phase. Matt asked me which I preferred when I changed my order to a variable.

I must be misunderstanding Matt then. Below is what he wrote me in an email:

"The only thing I forgot to ask for this one, since it is variable speed, do you want it in 3 phase, or single phase. WIth this one, with the single phase then you would not have to worry about a VFD on it, and you will still have the variable speed, just let me know."

That sounds like variable speed, single phase, with no VFD to me.

Good heavens, it sounds to me he found a suitabe DC motor. I know he's been looking for a while and had a hard time finding a good quality unit under $400.

Ray
I must be misunderstanding Matt then. Below is what he wrote me in an email:

"The only thing I forgot to ask for this one, since it is variable speed, do you want it in 3 phase, or single phase. WIth this one, with the single phase then you would not have to worry about a VFD on it, and you will still have the variable speed, just let me know."

That sounds like variable speed, single phase, with no VFD to me.

Hey Guys, just to clear it up. This machine does not have a VFD OR a DC Motor on it. Its a Variable Speed, just like the Bridgeport variable speed head is, with the variable belt with the tapered pulleys.

Variable Speed head is on the right, Step Pulley Head is on the left.

It is a single phase motor on the variable speed machine that is on the right there. The option that Ray is talking about is with a VFD and 3 phase. Thats not what Tim is getting, he ordered the single phase, Bridgeport type variable speed head.

Hope that cleared it up. No VFD involved on Tim's mill, but it is single phase for sure.

IMG_2096.JPG

IMG_2096.JPG

Hi Guys,

Just curious, is the handle on the side of the Variable Head the brake? That's where it is on a Bridgeport.

Thanks,
Larry

After reading/looking at pics of this mill I've come to the conclusion that this is just about the perfect mill size wise, for what I do. Maybe someday I'll have the room and money for one. :)

Yes indeed... if I only had the space! That mill, my manual PM45 (or 932) and the soon to arrive PM45 CNC -and my bases would be covered.

LOL, and with the 935, you won't have to worry about the dreaded "head-nod" issue (although I'm sure there's folks are out there ready to mention that the column is not easily adjustable :panic:)...

Ray

After reading/looking at pics of this mill I've come to the conclusion that this is just about the perfect mill size wise, for what I do. Maybe someday I'll have the room and money for one. :)

Does anyone have the specs for the 935 handy? I have looked for them, but I haven't seen travel, weight, hp, speeds, etc listed any where.

Back