Soon to be a PM-935T-S owner

Does anyone have the specs for the 935 handy? I have looked for them, but I haven't seen travel, weight, hp, speeds, etc listed any where.
Give Matt a call and he will give you every bit of that right away. He's a stand up guy and still answers his own phone so you will get answers and help from him quick when you need it. The site is getting updated regularly so I would expect to see it on the site soon too. I am about to pull the trigger on a new machine, just gotta wait on a check to arrive and clear. Unfortunately a 932 and 935 are beyond my current budget so it will have to probably be a PM 45 or Pm35 VL long table. Just have to see if I can break the extra savings down from my disability pension to maybe boost it enough to go to the 932. That is a pretty long stretch for me right now though. W'ell just have to wait and see....But I am drooling to see yours when you get it too. The new PM's are so pretty when they arrive with the blue base and pretty white heads and controls. Just hope the white stands up to good ole shop scunge for a good while...I got plenty of 409 cleaner so it will be OK anyway.

Bob

Does anyone have the specs for the 935 handy? I have looked for them, but I haven't seen travel, weight, hp, speeds, etc listed any where.

Ditto! Quill speeds??? Quill diameter? Travel? Anything chromed or hardened? Specs on spindle bearings?
curious to know why this would be a better choice than the Birmingham 9 x 49? Been looking for a long time now and the birminghams seem to produce the most bang for the buck.

most difficult part is to throw down five or six thousand dollars for a machine without having a chance to look at one! Hehehehe. Read specs....look at pictures and scoure the net for any comments made by any other buyers... I think this is one of the first PM knee mill buyers I have ever read.... Been looking at the 9 x 32 for a while also..

i really want to do buisness with a independent owner than throw my money to any big companies... Really wish machinetoolonline would post specs and prices on all machines instead of
having to email and search...

Anyone heard from TimMTP? Has he recieved his machine? Love it or hate it?

I am waiting for mine to show up to!. Hopefully it gets out the door this coming week. I got the 3 phase version with a VFD. I only have single phase in my shop but the VFD is the ultimate phase converter and gives you infinite speed control. I decided to pimp mine out with a power feed on the X and a 3 axis DRO as well.

I'm still here. Mill probably won't show up to my place until sometime the first of Nov. The boat left on the 20th but takes ~4-5 weeks to get to Matt's place. I figure he'll take a week or two to process them and get them on the road to us anxious customers. I'm just taking the time to start stockpiling end mills, indicators, vice, collets, etc.

Hmmm...I was under the impression that the machines had arrived and were being prepped?

A first batch came and was shipped a short while ago. Of that batch, a couple of the non-variable models were left over but, they too are finding new homes. More are on the way or have arrived. He's received 2-3 shipments in the last couple weeks and all this time has been spent just getting them unloaded and put in the warehouse. If he doesn't unload the trucks in a couple days, he pays a couple hundred bucks a day for truck rental time. Right about now, he'll be processing the machines and shipping them.

Ray

Hmmm...I was under the impression that the machines had arrived and were being prepped?

That is the same shipment I am waiting on. In the mean time I am partitioning my shop into a 30x27' machine room/work room to separate the machining side from tractor, boat, yard equipment.

Rick

All,

Be apprised that Matt has received and is processing orders for 1236, 1030, 1022, 1020, 1440HD and 1640HD lathes.

In addition, there are still a couple 935 machines from the last shipment but, they are still being processed and setup. The DRO conversions on these take time.

There are still a couple 932 mills left as well as the 1340 and 1440.

Ray

PS: The 1440HD is on my short list. The next runner-up is the 1440RML with the CSS feature. Big money difference but it's fun to dream. That 1440HD is calling to me. BTW: The 1440HD and 1640HD are identical machines but the 16" version has a 1" taller head and tailstock.

Back