Source for way, spindle, cutting, and misc. lubricants

brownac1983

Registered
Registered
I just wanted to throw a plug out there for Moroil. I was looking for way oil and spindle oil for my old Gorton (Gargoyle Vacuoline medium heavy and Gargoyle medium spindle oil). The only equivalent sources I found were the big Supply houses (Grainger, McMaster, etc) or order online, all at about $40 per gallon. I called the local oil blender, Moroil, in Concord, NC. They were extremely helpful in understanding my needs even though I only needed the minimum order quantity. I picked up 5 gallons of way oil and 5 gallons of spindle oil for about $102 total out the door and couldn't be happier, and they're a custom blender so special requests aren't a problem. These folks really know their oils. I don't have any stake in the game, just sharing a great experience.
http://www.moroil.com/refresh/templates/products.php?id=29

Great information as Concord is local to me. However since I would never use 5 gallons of either do you know of a supplier or shop owner who would sell smaller quantities?

Great information as Concord is local to me. However since I would never use 5 gallons of either do you know of a supplier or shop owner who would sell smaller quantities?

Well, if you're looking for 22 spindle oil or MWO-68 way oil you're welcome to bring a couple clean containers over here and I'll sell you however much you need for what I've got in it (less than $3/qt.). I'm in Lucia, just on the other side of Stanley from you.

Back