South Bend 9 Undermount motor to counter shaft v-belt model number?

dansawyer

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have the replacement belt model info for the Undermount motor to counter shaft v belt?
I have searched high and low for this information. I was not able to find it, only references to SB model numbers.
Dan

You may be better off measuring. I ordered a replacement belt for my milling machine based on the code on the original. The replacement was too short. Bad code.

I ended up getting a link belt. Works well.

Your belt is likely "A" type. This site is a good source for the belts. I prefer cogged belts.

Measure across the top of the "V", the depth of the "V" and the length of the belt is based on the top of the circumference of each pulley. Link belts are easier to order a bit longer and remove links as needed.

Cogged belts at VBelts 4 less

I agree, measure it. Be sure to set the tension adjuster in the middle of its range so you can compensate either way for any measuring error.

Thank you both. I did measure it and based on that I ordered a 5L390, 39 inches. That was also verified by the length formula. Unfortunately I did take the counter shaft into account. It is not a v but a slightly dome surface, the 5L390 belt is too short. If I extrapolate the counter shaft to v dimensions then the equation estimates 40 inches. I have ordered a 5L400. I will update and confirm the posting.

Back