south bend ? turning table

tghsmith

Registered
Registered
this table unit was given to me, I took it all apart,IMGP0031.JPGIMGP0032.JPG cleaned it up a bit,, the shaft was stuck in it's guide, that was freed and all seems work very smoothly now.. I'm looking for some more info about it,, it is a tad large for my bench mill

I have two South Bend VTB-101 tables just like yours -----my top one swivels on the lower one and has a side attachment on the side of it.---each of my tables are 1 1/2 inches tall by 4 inches wide and 8 7/8 inches long---I don't have a base with mine but the bottom one has tapped holes for mounting---hope you find more information about it. mine has round holes instead of the standard T slot--so I will need to make some special one half inch round hold-down nuts and thread them for 1/4 inch bolts and some holes threaded for smaller bolts that would allow to clamp pieces that were not flat to surface----maybe someone else knows the reason for the round holes under the table slots----does your unit have round holes under the slots? ---Dave

I was looking at the round holes under the slots also,,wondering if special nuts or bolts were used..

It would appear you're missing the top table, hence the index plate on top of the table you do have. They were sold as XY tables if I remember correctly.

Here's a link to onb that has both tables.
South Bend XY Table

I'm still deciding on what I'm going to do with it.. my current project may require a small (4") rotary table..

I'm still deciding on what I'm going to do with it.. my current project may require a small (4") rotary table..
If you'd like to get rid of it I'd be interested. Please Let me know
Eric

Back