Space has been made....

NavyShooter

Registered
Registered
Well,

As of last evening, I am no longer a lathe owner.

My old SB 10K has moved on to a new owner. It had some minor issues, and instead of me tossing more money at rebuilding it, I am choosing instead to let it go to a new home and start fresh with a PM 1030.

I now have almost enough in my 'new lathe' fund to pay cash on the barrelhead (ie I might be paying by Visa, but I won't have a balance once I empty the 'fund' jar into my bank account.)

I'm ready for the 'sticker-shock' to get it here. My price-point comparison showed that the 1030 is only a couple of hundred dollars more than a locally purchased 1022, but it comes with the QCTP and an extra 8" of bed length to play with.

All I have to do now is flog off the Mini-14 rifle that I 'accidentally' bought last year (used...good price...couldn't say no!) and free up the capital in it and I'll be ordering.

Looking forward to the change!

NS

20180118_184942_resized.jpg

Hope your new lathe last as long as your old sb . I just found a fully equipped old 16" sb , only problem the money and getting it moved. It's about two hours or less from me . But I'd sure like to own her , from pictures it's loaded with collets , center rest , taper attachment . Chucks and a 6' bed. My what a machine for $750. It's a I need it gone deals.

Mini-14... One of my favorite general purpose rifles. Should be able to find a new home for that thing. :)

....and the Mini-14 looks like it's sold. Called the CFC to confirm that the buyers license is valid, now just waiting for him to transfer the money.

Looks like I'm getting a new lathe!

Back