Spacer Kit to mount Silicon Carbide and Diamond Cup wheel together on Grinder

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
I was looking for an effective way to sharpen my braised carbide bits and save some bench space. A buddy of mine shared this idea to mount two wheels together on one end of a grinder. All I have is a buffer and no space for a bench grinder so this worked perfect for me. Check out the full video in case this will help you save space in your shop and set up a good sharpening system. As always a lot of learning. Sometimes the seemingly simple projects are the most challenging, going to fast, lack of mindset, getting careless etc. I made plenty of mistakes on this one by rushing, hopefully save others some of those mistakes along the way.

Last edited:
I purchased a real nice old 1940's 1/2hp Stanley all cast iron bench grinder from an estate sale.It weighs a ton. and its mounted on a steel plate ...mounted to a pipe... mounted to a wheel rim which has concrete filling in the center of the steel rim. it belonged to a retired machinist. The grinder had just the set up you describe. He had a 7" surface grinder diamond wheel on one side....and two carborundum wheels on the other. I haven't touched it. Its a handy set up. And the diamond wheel is awesome. Just awesome.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like quite a beast of a base for sure and a nice grinder set up. Congrats on the find.

Back