Spanner Wrench Size For Bridgeport Teardown

barcuna

Registered
Registered
The Ilion manual mentions that a pin spanner and an adjustable hook spanner is needed for the head teardown, but I cannot find mention of the proper sizes needed.

Can anyone here help?

Barcuna, I've rebuilt several 1J's and 2J's and I don't even own a spanner wrench.

Here's a video of one of them being torn down.

Outstanding. Thank you very much for saving me some time and $$$. I think I've seen your video before. I should have paid more attention the first time, LOL. I'm sure I'll watch it again several times during the process.

Yup, in rebuilding my Bridgeport, the only place I really needed a spanner style wrench was the disassembly and assembly of the knee crankshaft. I do not recall needing one for the head.

Thanks, Randy. What size did you need for the crankshaft and was it a hook or pin spanner. I'm sure I'll get down there to the knee eventually .

Thanks, Randy. What size did you need for the crankshaft and was it a hook or pin spanner. I'm sure I'll get down there to the knee eventually .

Good questions, I really don't recall. I will have to check on it and get back to you.

I didn't use it on my spindle, but I have a pin spanner that is made for automotive timing belt pulleys that works great for stuff like this.

Here they do use a spanner.
Also where do you get the Llion manual? Thanks

Back