Speaking of rotary tables....

Oth
I went with this one: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00921171

Joe Pie has a Phase II - so hey.
I'll see how it works out. @RJSakowski - I already added a stepper to my indexing head, I'm going to consider doing the same for this RT after I try it out manually.
Other than the problem with lubricant leaking and coolant entering the interior, the RT has worked well. With a CNC mill, ther isn't much need for a horizontal RT. Its valus as a 1/4th axis arises when used in vertical mode. The leaking lubricant, I can put up with. It's annoying but manageable. The intrusion of coolant is not acceptable. There is no convenient way to flush the RT so use of flood cooling is not an option when using the RT. I tried using a high viscosity lubricant like STP but it just leaks more slowly and coolant still enters. I thought of dissembling the RT and milling a gland for an O ring seal on the perimeter of the table but frankly, I haven't used it enough to go through the bother.

I have a 12" Enco RT mounted on my RF30 clone which I use more frequently.

I chose a 10" Vertex H/V from Taiwan and am happy with it. I strongly suggest a vertical/horizontal. I may be wrong but Phase II only offers horizontal tables. The vertical position is a big plus.

Reactions: tjb
I chose a 10" Vertex H/V from Taiwan and am happy with it. I strongly suggest a vertical/horizontal. I may be wrong but Phase II only offers horizontal tables. The vertical position is a big plus.

Just checked the link I provided and it appears to only work if you are logged in to MSC - oh well.
The phase II 6 inch table I ordered is horizontal & vertical.

They had both, and it took me a while to figure out why one was cheeper.

Back