Specifications for metric pipe thread

JustMe3

Registered
Registered
I find myself needing to make a plumbing fitting for metric thread. You should see the looks and responses I have received as I searched for this animal. I can order it from various vendors in Europe, but anyone willing to ship internationally wants a substantial price along with shipping.

The first step is getting the specifications for metric pipe thread. Millimeters per thread, inside and outside diameter and the taper for the diameters.

Can anyone point me to a source of these specifications?

Thanks in advance to anyone able to assist me.

Are you sure it is metric? The metric countries have used British pipe thread extensively.

I have metric thread pitch gauges and the threads are 1.25 mm/thread. The threads didn't match up with anything on my US thread pitch gauges. So I am fairly certain it is some type of metric specification. The threads are heavily tapered. More so than any NPT fittings I have seen. The threads have a median peak diameter of 10.66 mm and a median thread valley diameter of 10.60.

Got a Machinerys Handbook? Search under BSPT.

You stated, and I agree that the metric countries use British pipe threads. That is why included the link. If OP measured the pitch at 1.25mm his thread is not a British standard. I searched on line and could not find a metric pipe thread. My conclusion is that OP's thread is not a pipe thread. What does he need? Maybe one of us could make it for him. I would be happy to give it a shot if he can furnish drawings. Having a sample of the thread in hand would help.

I am pretty sure that the catalog that I referenced has data on metric pipe thread, and also on British pipe thread; I do not think that have a catalog any more.

Back