Speedometer Face-Lift for '63 VW Double-cab

Sure matches all the other gauges nicely.

I would love to see what the original looked like with the new lighting.

For night vision, all red is a good option, particularly if you're dropping in new led's anyway.
Old skool BMW's did this and sure enough it didn't screw up your night vision, but the damned things were so dim you couldn't see the gauges either ;-)

For night vision, all red is a good option, particularly if you're dropping in new led's anyway.
Old skool BMW's did this and sure enough it didn't screw up your night vision, but the damned things were so dim you couldn't see the gauges either ;-)
Just stop it! I have enough ideas floating around in my head without your help. ;)

Turned out great. One could have so easily lost face during the process. I know, truly horrible pun. Mike

Last edited:
Turned out great. One could have so easily lost face during the process. I know, truly horrible pun. Mike
You have no idea. I had some serious moments of self-doubt after an attempt to apply a sticker removed some paint from the previously pristine original face.

Yes, but blue would be so much nicer for van whoopee. :) Mike

Quote: For night vision, all red is a good option, particularly if you're dropping in new led's anyway.

Back