Speeds & Feeds Software

Montana. I built a flood coolant system by making the tank out of a sheet of PVC and PVC angle (like angle iron). All just glued together with a couple of baffles and a screen filter. I use a well sediment filter just before the nozzles and a garden fountain pump. Total cost 6 or 7 years ago was about $150.

HI Bob, Thank you for the link for the mister on aliexpress, I ordered one this morning. Did you ever do a write up on it in the past? If you did I missed it, if there is one if you could give me a link I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Michael
You're quite welcome, Michael. I have posted a couple things on the mister, but no more and probably less than you already saw here. You will need some sort of mounting, like a bracket or magnet or mag base or clamp to bolt to the mister, some sort of reservoir(s) to hold the diluted coolant, and 8mm (5/16") clear vinyl or Tygon tubing for air, and an adapter to your air supply. No instructions or other paperwork came with the mister. I mount my coolant about level with the mixer body and it works great. If mounted above the mixer body, the coolant may continue to siphon after turning off the air if the liquid valve is left open. If mounted too far below the mixer body you may have trouble with getting the coolant to siphon up the line. The check valve might help with the low mounted reservoir, once the flow is started. After use I run water through the system backwards (check valve!) by wrapping my hand around the strainer and the water faucet, followed by doing the same with compressed air. Keep dirt and grit and stuff out of the system or you will eventually have problems with it clogging up. Clean coolant, clean air, no contaminated containers or piping. I only have used mine on my surface grinder so far, but for the cheap price of them it probably makes more sense to buy one for each machine, which also gives you backups. Still an order of magnitude cheaper than a Fog Buster, which I have no experience with.
Sorry, getting off topic here...

Back