Spider For Pm 1340gt

David...thank you for your most elegant solution. It will certainly meet my needs!

I've been thinking along the lines of making a "spider backplate" or some sort of cylindrical tube-like device with the necessary centering screws that can be chucked-up in four-jaw.

I think I just might fabricate something just like you have done, if you don't mind.

Thanks again,

Squier

You're very welcome. Don't forget this bit - I still have mine to do: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/pm1340gt-spider-with-dial-test-indicator.45446/

Thanks David!

Cheers ,

Squier

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma

I don't do gun work, but I did make a spider for my PM1340. Started with a 6" long piece of 2.5" CRS tube, 1/2" wall thickness:

View attachment 143347

Turned, bored, drilled and tapped for mounting grub screws and centering screws:

View attachment 143348

Mounts like this - also serves to hold the magnets for the Hall Effect sensor on the tachometer:

View attachment 143350

From the end:

View attachment 143351

Original idea came from Mark Jacobs here on the forum. Hope this helps.
Beautiful work David! So far the attention to detail, precision and finished products on these forums are absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

-Mitch

Thanks y’all for all the great info. I ended up making a spider for my 1340gt, but that was before I had a milling machine. So it’s probably time to make another one. I’ll try to take some photos along the way and post em here. I can guarantee it wont be anywhere near as impressive as davidpbest’s work!

Back