Spiders!

patmat2350

Registered
Registered
Alright, what do you do about spiders and cob webs??!? (preventing, not just smooshing...)

My shop is split between basement and garage. Garage is worse, but I get my share of cobwebs in the basement too. Dang things will show up overnight... I sweep, I vacuum, occasionally even spray... but they're EVERYWHERE!

I don't see many bugs... so either spiders are very effective, or they're setting up shop in vain... but I do hate those webs!

I have a ton too. I don't bother them.
They do have a spot where they poop enough to be very noticable. I can't believe how much ..

Generally... I ignore them...
Try to remember to use a stick to move web material when going in a dark place that is not frequented much...

Now OTOH...
When running HVAC calls...
And going into the crawl or attic (mostly crawl, they do not seem to like the hot in the attic)...
The webs are a nuisance!
Usually when opening the crawl door... I will pick up a stick and start clearing web material before crawling in.

Once in a while... they come over to see what I am doing...
Generally... when they get too close... I give them a seriously dirty look...
Maybe tell them they are not invited and could suffer bodily harm if they do not heed the message...
They usually listen and we are both happy (they get to live, I do not have to bother with them).

Now wasps...
They are not as hospitable...
They seem to think they can boss around someone much larger than they are...
And they seem to not learn very quickly...
Or at least they are not communicating to their brethren... grin!

At my last place when I knew I had to get under house (it was a old house) I turned the chickens loose under it for a week first , a little chicken crap is better than a recluse bite.
Also I've hooked up my sand blaster and put the pickup hose in a bag of diatomaceous earth and turned under the house white it gets everywhere in a cloud , the stuff is finer than flower. It kills exoskeleton bugs and its non toxic

I hate critters. That's why I keep one of these in the home shop/garage. Anything that moves gets blasted! I use the shop vac too.

20151103_004434-800x450.jpg

Line the walls and ceiling if it's not done already, that's what I did.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back