Spindle Bearing For 8x12 Hf/8x14 Lathmaster Lathe

Ray73

Registered
Registered
Anyone know what spindle bearings are needed for replacing the ones on a HF 8x12/8x14 Lathemaster lathe and where to order them from? I wasn't able to find much of anything by searching. Also looking for any helpful advice on replacing those bearings such as preload techniques and other tips etc. Seems I may have a bad bearing after only a few months use. Further investigation will be required but I've narrowed down a noise to either the chuck or the bearing. Any advice is much appreciated!

what model do you have, the older model (pre 2007) with 2 v ways, or the new one with only one?

the HF units have single row, radial roller bearings that are run at 0 clearance, no preload.
if you preload these bearings, they will fail at a more rapid rate.

what model do you have, the older model (pre 2007) with 2 v ways, or the new one with only one?
Mine is only a couple months old (july 2015) so I guess its the newer one. After further investigation the noise is actually coming from the idler on the belt drive and is not a big deal. I'd still like to find out what bearing I need so I can have a couple spares in case they are needed later.

Mine is only a couple months old (july 2015) so I guess its the newer one. After further investigation the noise is actually coming from the idler on the belt drive and is not a big deal. I'd still like to find out what bearing I need so I can have a couple spares in case they are needed later.

according to the current manual they are 35mm x 62mm x 17mm roller bearings. This is an odd size, so they might be hard to find with the proper precision rating.
http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/44000-44999/44859.pdf

Your best bet, would be to pull the bearings and look at them, as the manual might not match what's in your machine.

Contact Little Machine shop or snoop around their website. They probably have what you need.

Back