Spindle bearings

I did not get any bearing numbers they must be stamped on the outer race which is pressed in the tube and I did not yet remove them.... my time was at that point limited I'm hoping to get back to it this week

in your case i would repack the bearing 1/3 capacity with any high speed spindle grease you have. I used mobile plex 46 i believe when i rebuilt high speed spindles oil is 3 time better if you can rig up a oil mister

Can you measure the ID, OD and width of the bearings. I can cross refence the bearings for you if you cant find the numbers.
A lot of the older light duty grinding spindles used duplexed bearings instead of angular contact bearings. Some of the early Du-More spindles just used preloaded standard bearings. Angular contact bearings are usually used when there is significant thrust load

Check your shells for Brinelling if you think you feel flatspots. This will definitely make you change your bearings.

Thanks guys for your continued help! I have everything thoroughly cleaned but have not found the time to get back to it my google search on the previous bearings numbers posted look to be very promising. I will have to do some measuring to confirm which ones I may need, I may try to reassemble just to see what happens to the naked I'm having a hard time finding any defects. There are no visible bearing numbers on the races and the outter race is positioned in such a way that the means of removal looks too be possibly running a weld bead inside of the outter races in hopes of shrinking it. Because previously I had no bearing numbers I've been reluctant to further ruin what I already have.
Thanks, Nate

Nate,
Roughly how big are the bearing? If they are around 1.5 "OD or smaller, I can probably help you. I have a warehouse full of bearings in stock. Most are miniature instrument bearings.

Tinmuk, I will snap some pictures and get the dimension tomorrow evening when I'm around the machine. From the bearings numbers posted earlier and using my memory I would say the Od is under an 1.5"
Thanks

Before running a weld bead and destroying that race, can you warm up the housing?
If the housing is aluminium/cast iron it will expand at a greater rate than the steel brg race and may drop out with some persuasion.

Back