A washer for the expanding screw:

DSCI2251.JPG

The crank arm:

DSCI2256.JPG

The handle axle:

DSCI2252.JPG

The handle end cap:

DSCI2253.JPG

The expander screw. This is a Home Depot zinc plated screw that had the zinc coating removed with a trip to an acid bath:

DSCI2255.JPG

The handle grip, here in its yet unfinished state (I need to knurl and cut to length):

DSCI2257.JPG

Here are the drawings that I used. I didn't make a drawing for the screw washer, since it is a 1" diameter x 0.10" thick piece that I just made for the occasion.

Let me know if these are of any use to anyone.

Attachments

• Heavy 10 Spindle Crank.pdf
    478.2 KB · Views: 29
just to throw another method of doing the same, instead of making the shaft like an expanding mandrel, the mandrell can be drilled and threaded at the end, then cut at a steep angle like a bicycle handle bar stem... a baloney cut ..
yours works, but this is simple. just offering another way of doing it.

just to throw another method of doing the same, instead of making the shaft like an expanding mandrel, the mandrell can be drilled and threaded at the end, then cut at a steep angle like a bicycle handle bar stem... a baloney cut ..
yours works, but this is simple. just offering another way of doing it.
I tried this method out. It makes a great crank and is good for turning the spindle for various fiddly operations. It does not, however, grip tightly enough to use for removing a stuck chuck. Still a useful tool.

Back