Spindle RPM feedback in Mach3

zbyszekbt1

Registered
Registered
Hallo. I have a problem with connecting inductive proximity hall sensor for reading spindle rpm in Mach3. My spindle motor ia Pm treadmill motor and controller is kbic-240ds. How to hook up kbic controller with breakout board and sensor so spindle speed show up on the screen?

It's been awhile since I wired mine up, but I keep records.

My schematics are on grabcad.com

Search username there (same as here) and you'll find all of my wiring diagrams in .PDF form.

They are attached here as well, use them at your own risk. I assume no liability.;)

The one titled "c6 auto spindle" shows how I wired my kb board. Back before I switched to a bldc.

If I remember correctly, the tachometer was really easy. Wired directly to one of the breakout boards input pins, then set mach3s "index" input to the same port/pin you wired the sensor into. I used an 1$ optical sensor from eBay, but it should work fine with a hall effect sensor as well.

Here is a video on the tach:

Attachments

• C6 Auto Spindle.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Stepper Motors.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DRO and E-Stop.pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Stepper Drivers.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Connector List.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Coolant Relay.pdf
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Limit Switches.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 2
  • MPower Switch.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hallo back again.I have even bought c3 impulse card. When I will connect this to an input pin and configure as index that's should work? This is most important for me. Everything is working 3 stepper's motors connected, can turn other mill , beside of the rpm showing on the screen. So I can not do threading. Maybe settings are not good. That's are debounce setting which I don't know what is going on and spindle motor in motor tunning section. Do I have to setup spindle motor too in this section. Do I need to connect limit switches as well? Please help . This last thing to do to get threading working?

Hallo back again.I have even bought c3 impulse card. When I will connect this to an input pin and configure as index that's should work? This is most important for me. Everything is working 3 stepper's motors connected, can turn other mill , beside of the rpm showing on the screen. So I can not do threading. Maybe settings are not good. That's are debounce setting which I don't know what is going on and spindle motor in motor tunning section. Do I have to setup spindle motor too in this section. Do I need to connect limit switches as well? Please help . This last thing to do to get threading working?

Yes, when you connect the c3 impulse cards output to an input on your breakout board, and configure it as "index", it should work.

As for threading, I don't know enough about what you are doing. Is this a mill or lathe? Are you asking about thread milling on a mill?

Here is an old thread that may help.

Last edited:
Back