Sprutcam got to me...

Last edited:
Do you know that for sure or are you just freaking-out with worst-case scenarios? If the office isn't open on the weekend, is there a forum group that you can ask questions?

Ray

Not for sure. They are closed on the weekend so it won't be until Monday when I can talk to them. But Sprutcam 7 has been discontinued and I would be amazed if I get an upgrade for "free". So it is all conjecture at this time. But after 4 decades on the 3rd rock from the sun, tendencies become apparent. I do hope I am wrong...

On the other hand, Tormach has one of the best customer service departments I have witnessed so far. So I know I am in good hands. Still bummed out at the darned key dying, but oh well. It's a matter of learning to live with it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/search?q=spr...=X&ei=5KxJU7nqNKmv2QWs54HYBA&ved=0CJEBENUCKAY

If you are truly desperate search for 'sprutcam crack". Be prepared to scrub any computer you install the results of that search on.

I am desperate and the crack crossed my mind, but I think it may make matters worst. I haven't used a crack in decades, and since Murphy is not on my side, I better not risk it.

I found a 30 day solution. I basically downloaded the Sprutcam 8 demo and am running with that. Sprutcam 8 is basically the exact same thing, but with everything on different places and a newer look. Hey, they have to eat, somehow, and I bet all Sprutcam users are all accounted for.

I am hoping to solve this matter this week, so for the moment I am operational. Many hours wasted trying to solve this issue. Hours I could have put into CNCing. Computers! Can't live with or without them ;-)

Not for sure. They are closed on the weekend so it won't be until Monday when I can talk to them. But Sprutcam 7 has been discontinued and I would be amazed if I get an upgrade for "free". So it is all conjecture at this time. But after 4 decades on the 3rd rock from the sun, tendencies become apparent. I do hope I am wrong...

On the other hand, Tormach has one of the best customer service departments I have witnessed so far. So I know I am in good hands. Still bummed out at the darned key dying, but oh well. It's a matter of learning to live with it.

If the dongle is damaged, it's just a matter of replacing. Someone at SprutCam has a computer with the software that whereby an operator enters the security code for your license and it then encrypts the information and writes it to that thumb drive. The thumb drive is a special type that becomes read-only after it's been written to. If all goes well, they still have your initial security key information and the proper version of dongle writing software that was in-use at the time your version was released. -Any company with any form of internal process and procedure should be able to re-write and old key. If they tell you otherwise, I'd be highly doubtful and my thoughts would lean toward an overly aggressive sales policy.

All the places I worked for ditched security dongles a long time ago because, replacing lost/damaged added-up to real money. If a company charges just 10 bucks to replace it, the act of collecting that small amount cost more in operational and accounting procedures than it's worth. Any amount over 10 bucks and customers scream like you were tearing their fingernails out. -Dongles, for the most part, are a thing of the past but, they serve some purpose in some cases.

Ray

Have not had a chance to offer an update on this matter. I am now dongle-less. The folks at Tormach, always extremely helpful, moved me to a software license. The only caveat is that I get the ads pane on a periodic basis, but this is just one measly click away and then I can see my design again.

I am a happy camper! Not having to depend on a dongle is very reassuring. I was always paranoid that somehow the dongle was going to get lost or perhaps stolen (kind of ridiculous, but hey, it's paranoia!).

Back