Stand For Atlas Mill??

I had mine on a simple 2x4 w\plywood stand and it was okay. Then someone gave me a metal stand from a saw or router and that felt more firm.
I added a plywood top and through bolted the mill to it.

I added a drawer and there's still plenty of storage underneath. You may be able to add some "structure" to stiffen what you have..??..??

Thanks for all the helpful info. This gives me ideas and dimensions, so I will figure out something to get the machine in use.

Later on they came with a steel cabinet style base. There have been a couple on fleaBay recently, but priced pretty dear. :(

:frog:

I put mine on a Hefty tool box. I screwed and glued three sheets of 3/4 inch plywood on top. The tool box castors had to go. They wobbled even when the wheels were locked and they were too far inward. I replaced them with steel C channel with hockey puck feet and jack screws. Tool box is 18" x 27" and 34" tall. 34 is about right for me (I'm short). I put an electrical box on the back with an outlet for accessories.

Wow, VSAncona, nice work! That's the same general design as the steel one that came (I believe) originally with my MFC. The main difference is that the original was open all the way through both sides, but I'm sure that the additional side panel adds desired rigidity to yours. It looks way too pretty to be subjected to chips, swarf and cutting fluids, though. I'd be proud to have that as furniture in a room away from the shop. BTW, what kind of finish did you use on it to keep it so fresh looking (or do you just not use it that much?) Regardless, your mill looks like it is proud to sit on its pedestal of honor. Great job!

:frog:

VSAncona, nice work!

Dimensions or prints for cabinet? what type of wood did you use?

Nice reproduction of the original - I think my wife would have "borrowed" that one for the living room!

John

Thanks, guys. I didn't have any plans for it -- just kind of winged it based on the drawings of the original from the brochure that someone posted a link to above. I did make mine a couple of inches taller than the original. It's made out of hard maple and maple plywood for the sides and back. I'm planning on adding a drawer or two to the storage area beneath, but just haven't gotten around to that. Finish is just catalyzed lacquer. It was new in those photos, but it's held up so far. I don't use flood coolant and I brush off the chips after I'm done using it each time.

Back