Stand For My Carbide Grinder

Bob Korves

Platinum
Rest In Peace
All made from junk. Particle board shelving from the 1970s, vintage 2x4 cut offs of various vintages and varying dimensions, plywood with oil and other stains. A leftover partial sheet of sub flooring. Old deck screws, old glue, old paint and stain. I did not purchase one item for the stand build. Use it up! Make do with what you have!

Now I just need to make a protractor for the shop made miter gauge. Nothing on hand really meets my needs for the material. Oh, no! I might have to buy something... 8^)

Under $115 total in what you see there so far, including a diamond wheel and dressing stick. Works nicely, very smooth running.
SAM_1382.JPG

SAM_1383.JPG

Very nice, plus you now have less "useless" junk taking up valuable space. Mike

Curious- what do you do about the dust it generates when you dress the wheels? Do you use a vacuum for that operation? It seems like the machine is very close to other tools in your shop. fwiw I'm super anal about keeping my machines clean so I'm just curious.

Curious- what do you do about the dust it generates when you dress the wheels? Do you use a vacuum for that operation? It seems like the machine is very close to other tools in your shop. fwiw I'm super anal about keeping my machines clean so I'm just curious.
The diamond wheel is used with drip coolant or more likely cheap generic Windex, so there really is almost no dust using the diamond wheel. A single paper towel will clean up the "mess" from grinding carbide tools. The HF wheels are green, well they are actually painted green. I have not even tried to use them yet for anything. They do not get good reviews. Maybe after you work through the paint... 8^) The diamond wheel is what I have this grinder for, and it is turning out to be very useful in my shop.

Bob, are they still making the hf grinder? I haven't seen them listed in a long time. Probably should have got one a long time ago.

Having storage for wheels and "junk" will be nice to have!

I picked up and restored an old Baldor tool grinder a while back and built a heavy stand for it. Column is 4"x 6" x 1/4" wall. I even had a logo sticker printed for it.
baldor01.jpg

Bob, are they still making the hf grinder? I haven't seen them listed in a long time. Probably should have got one a long time ago.
I do not think HF is still making those grinders. Grizzly was still selling them (in green paint) last time I looked, and other companies probably do as well.

Back