Standard-modern lathe

greenhornet-1

Active User
Registered
Hi there, Does anyone her have an owners manual for series 2000 lathe i could barrow and make copy?
I know i can purchase one off of ebay for 35.00 but i'm cheap. I purchased a 13" a few months back and still need to power it up. I'm thinking about a Teco frieqency drive to run it with.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I don't have a manual but, I do have a question...

How in the world can you be in possession of a new lathe for a few months -and not power it up?

Ray

We just purchased a house and the shop doesn't have any 220 power going to it. I'm hoping to rewire the house and shop this winter. I know, it sucks!!!!

Hi there, Does anyone her have an owners manual for series 2000 lathe i could barrow and make copy?
I know i can purchase one off of ebay for 35.00 but i'm cheap. I purchased a 13" a few months back and still need to power it up. I'm thinking about a Teco frieqency drive to run it with.
Thanks in advance!

Please post the exact model you have. Not enough info to know whether my manual is the right one or not.

If you get the TECO get the n3 drive it has a constant torque feature which will give you full rated torque down to the motor's minimum operating speed. If you don't want to spend the extra money for the n3 send me a pm or e-mail and I'll make you a deal on a slightly used Teco FM50. Bob

I'm sorry, it's a 13" series 2000. Thanks Bob on the drive, Is it an Fm50-202-c model that runs off of 220?

I'm sorry, it's a 13" series 2000. Thanks Bob on the drive, Is it an Fm50-202-c model that runs off of 220?

Yes I have both The Fm50-202 2hp and a FM50-203 3hp single or 3 phase 220. I'm thinking of upgrading to the N3 model for higher low end Torque. If interested I think we have to do it via pm or e-mail I don't want to violate forum rules. Bob

I have TECO FM50 on my little mill and a N3 on my Hardinge (I got the one with variable speed so I could have 1-box wiring do everything I need) ... perfect solutions. The power in for N3 is not same as FM50 so pay attention if you go that route! I bought my N3 from a place in NJ and got excellent over-the-phone support, but it is not intuitively obvious if you have wired an FM50 first ... these guys are giving you good advice. I can help also if you get that far down that path. OBTW: I am from MO and do not see many guys from there in these posts ... nice to see some guys from home chime in there!:))

Back