Stanley B&d Buying Craftsman

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I had heard (I think elsewhere in this forum) that Sears was trying to sell the Craftsman brand. I got this email today. What do y'all think this means for the quality of their tools - will it get better or continue to decline?

IMG_0267.PNG
IMG_0268.PNG

Sorry for the screenshots, it wouldn't let me copy and paste the text.

Also today I saw that B&D are looking to move at least some of their manufacturing back to the USA.
I for one can hardly wait to see what will come of this. Maybe we are on the front edge of something that will swell int a tsunami of traditionally US companies returning to their roots. I for one hope to see quality return to our goods and tools.
Dave

I think this is an excellent opportunity for Stanley B&D to make the Craftsman name a premium brand again. I'm also watching with interest.

GG

I wander if they will honor the warranty on the old tools any better than sears started doing. They could give a big hassle on it.

When I heard on the radio that sears was selling craftsman tools (no other details), I told my wife I would never have a reason to walk into a sears store again.....

Please, anyone making a statement like that one, add that it is your opinion. Others may agree but you said it, not others. Thank you.

"Bill Gruby -- Global Moderator and Board Member"

Back