Stanley Moving Production of Craftsman Wrenches Back to the US From China

How many sockets can you get on a container ship? Voyage probably costs a million dollars, but if you can haul 100 million sockets, that's a penny per for shipping.
how about 20% that estimate! Costs more to ship a container across the US, then it does to get it from China. I'm sure this is from port city, to port city. Oceanic shipping is done by volume, not weight.

shipping.JPG

I bet the steel tariffs may be a big factor. The advanced methods, along with better control of quality by keeping manufacturing in house, is another big factor. I read that most manufacturing in China, you have to share plans, methods, and technology with the Chinese government. Thats just part of the cost of doing business with a communist government.

Yea, I've heard stories of Chinese companies making really good deals on parts, convincing the buyer to build more of their parts there, once they build all the parts, they assemble them and market the now marked down goods to compete with the original buyers goods.

No offense to anyone from that area, but why Fort Worth?

Craig

Just guessing but Texas is business friendly? Maybe Ft.Worth offered low property tax. Low cost of Electricity. Lots of factors I'm sure.

i, for the life of me, can't understand how you could ship ANYTHING half way around the world and NOT make it cheaper and better here
When you can ship a container of widgets around the world for about $1500, you would be tempted too. I'm not saying it's right, I agree with you, but the indirect costs of doing business are pretty much non-existent and bring many a manager over to the dark side.

Yea, I've heard stories of Chinese companies making really good deals on parts, convincing the buyer to build more of their parts there, once they build all the parts, they assemble them and market the now marked down goods to compete with the original buyers goods.
Counterfeiting is the biggest risk and pretty much a guarantee for anyone considering outsourcing to China. It is unseen, unknown and inevitable. Beware.

Funny that Sears sold the Craftsman brand to SB&D & later they tried to sue SB&D over some marketing crap.

Speaking of Sears, the "new" Sears has a new logo. I smell a lawsuit. :D

Sears-Logo-Redesign-Airbnb-1.jpg

Back