Starlink

Us rural guys really get the shaft when it comes to internet. For the previous 11 years I had Charter cable for internet and it was very good. "Only" around 100mb up but for this area, that is pretty good.
Fast forward to our new house further out into the country.... CenturyLink DSL is my "option". I get a whopping 40mb, which is about as good as it ever will be. There is fiber about 400 yards down the road from a different company which is serving a cell tower, but they will not come to my house unless I cough up $10k for them to bury it.
Interesting @Grinderman that your speed is so poor at the moment. They are talking about 150mb from my understanding. I did sign up for email notification from Starlink, which I just got back saying that it is now available.

As a side note, Elon Musk believes that he will make $30 billion a year on this new endeavor. I hope he does something good with that money down the road.

screws up astro photos though not that I take any

I just checked my Comcast and it’s 117mbs down 7mbs up. And this I a really good day. There are folks on Reddit getting 135mbs down and 20mbs up. Weather does effect it negatively though.

Just checked mine. 1.0 mbps down, .4 up. Come on Starlink, send me a box!

Only game in town here is Century link. They only offer a whopping 3mbs. Can't wait for starlink in our area.

The box with the Starlink dish and hardware so I can dump this crappy internet. Go to the Starlink site to see if you're eligible. They will send you an invite, you send them a $99 deposit and wait.

I'm on fiberoptic but during peak times YouTube videos will have interruptions and run slow. It seems likely that StarLink is going to kick some providers in the a$$. Hope he makes boatloads of $ with it and uses the $ to send politicians to Mars.

Back